db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Dec 2, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 17:56:27 GMT
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Michael Watzek, Martin  
Zaun, Craig Russell


1. Test status (Michael W) 562 tests: application id 11 failures 19  
errors, datastore id 11 failures 21 errors 6 configurations fail.

2. Query tests (Michael W) done. JIRA issues have been filed for  
failing tests. Error message in the enhancer log: tag doesn't conform  
to the dtd. AI Michelle file a JIRA issue. Is it allowed to have more  
actual than formal parameters? No. AI Craig check to see if the spec  
disallows this. AI Michael: raise an issue with the experts.

3. Detached objects (Matthew) no change.

4. getObjectsById tests (Geoff) no change.

5. ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin) no change.

6. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) no change.

7. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) Last two JIRA issues have been  
fixed and checked in. One last issue: MapStringValueCollection throws  
ClassCastException JIRA issue is assigned to Andy. Andy found a typox  
in the .orm metadata file which Michelle will fix.

8. Other  issues and status (any and all)

Test ThreadSafe has a bug with multiple threads; sometimes two  
threads succeed; looks like a timing bug in the test case. AI Michael  
file a JIRA and assign it to Martin.

Inheritance mapping again. Inheritance mapping 2 fails. JPOX doesn't  
support it, and the mapping isn't consistent. This needs a few  
things: UNION join strategy plus generating a sequence used in  
multiple tables. JDO-167

Inheritance 3 fails. Optimization of inheritance 1 where there is no  
table for abstract classes. JPOX doesn't support it. AI Craig:  
discuss this mapping with expert group. It might be an optional feature.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Nov 18 2005] AI: JPOX review bugs JDO-215 and JDO-211. done.

[Nov 18 2005] AI: Michelle check in patches associated with issues  
JDO-215 and JDO-211. Almost done.

[Nov 18 2005] AI: Erik look at JDO-206.

[Nov 18 2005] AI: BEA to sign the donation paperwork for their test  
suite. Review how to merge their test cases into JDO TCK.

[Nov 18 2005] AI: Craig will code review patch for JDO-218. done.

[Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK  
1.5 issues. in progress

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Martin will  start a Wiki page with 1.5 issues, to  
be linked by the web site. done.

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has  
into a list of features that are/are not supported.

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In progress.  
Several things need to be updated, including project.properties,  
project.xml and maven.xml.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on  
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI:  
Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11  
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the  
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI: Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions  
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on  
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to  
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] AI: (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that Brian  
is working on.

[Jul 8 2005] AI: Double-check locking in the PMF (Martin) Martin has  
implemented and will check in.

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to  
access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating  
and uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to  
trunk called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI: Brian Topping will implement pushing SNAPSHOT  
builds of the project to ibiblio.

[May 13 2005] AI: Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly  

[May 13 2005] AI: Martin Zaun will investigate JSR 294 (Java 5) to  
see impact on enhancer.

[May 20 2005] AI: Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if  
maven can help.

Craig Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message