db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Dec 16, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 18:16:06 GMT
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael B) 562 tests in alltests; 6 of 28  
configurations fail; 9 failures 18 errors datastore id;  9 failures  
18 errors application id. Still more tests to write.

2. Graduation issues, changes to the repository (Craig) AI: Craig  
update the web site to reflect our being part of the DB project. AI:  
Update the DB web site and the incubator web site. Need to check out  
a new repository (or switch an active local sandbox) after the switch  
takes place. The change is set for Saturday. Email lists and JIRA  
stay the same. Need to adjust some links in the JDO wiki.

3. Query tests (Michael B) All tests have been written. A couple of  
query issues remain.

a. JDO-243 select a field that is not part of the grouping; order by  
a field that is not selected
What about select sum(a) group by b, order by avg(c)
AI: Craig add clarification/update to the spec, in particular require  
that ordering terms when grouping must be either grouping terms or  
aggregates. Consider adding an implementation note that the SQL query  
might have more terms selected than the JDOQL query specifies, and  
the extra terms are not given to the user.

b. JDO-206 Float value. Derby might have an issue with storing  
values. We think it's ok to use a floating point number that has an  
exact representation, e.g. 234.125 instead of 234.23. AI: Michael B  
to see what the impact of this is.

c. JDO-220 jdoPostLoad callback not invoked during queries. AI:  
Michelle and Craig will take a look.

4. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) Making progress. Still a few  
failing tests regarding primary keys on join tables. JDO-261 Andy  
comments that there's not primary key on the join table; there isn't  
a way to put a primary key because there's nothing in the serialized  
element that can be used as the key. AI: Michelle change the test case.

5. Detached objects (Matthew) no change

6. getObjectsById tests (Geoff) no change

7. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) good progress

Other items:

Discussion on the apache jdo alias regarding fetch-depth needs to be  
updated to include the jdo expert group.

<>Action Items from weeks past:

[Dec 9 2005] What optional feature is making inheritance mapping 3  
fail? AI:  Craig discuss with expert group.

[Dec 9 2005]: <>Michael sent a message to the expert group regarding  
lost updates to relationship fields in case the non-owning side made  
the update. AI: Craig reply and propose a spec change to require not  
losing updates. This is incompatible with the current draft of EJB 3.

[Dec 9 2005]: Nontransactional write semantics appear to differ  
between optimistic and datastore transactions. Is this intentional?  
AI: Craig discuss with expert group.

[Dec 2 2005] Inheritance 3 fails. Optimization of inheritance 1 where  
there is no  table for abstract classes. JPOX doesn't support it. AI  
Craig:  discuss this mapping with expert group. It might be an  
optional feature.

[Nov 18 2005] AI: BEA to sign the donation paperwork for their test   
suite. Review how to merge their test cases into JDO TCK.

[Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK   
1.5 issues. in progress

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has   
into a list of features that are/are not supported.

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In  
progress.  Several things need to be updated, including  
project.properties,  project.xml and maven.xml.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles  
on  TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo.  
AI:  Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire  
11  release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the   
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI: Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions   
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on   
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to   
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] AI: (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that  
Brian  is working on.

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how  
to  access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will do the maven goal for  
creating  and uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory  
parallel to  trunk called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI: Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly   
builds.

[May 20 2005] AI: Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if   
maven can help.

Craig Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!


Mime
View raw message