db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Dec 23, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 02:41:31 GMT
Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, December 16 at 9 am PST to 
discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:
866 230-6968   294-0479#
International: +1 865 544-7856

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michelle)
2. Graduation issues, changes to the repository (Craig)
3. Query tests (Michael B)
4. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle)
5. Running TCK on iut status (Michelle)
6. Other issues (any and all)

Action Items from weeks past:

[Dec 16 2005] a. JDO-243 select a field that is not part of the 
grouping; order by a field that is not selected
What about select sum(a) group by b, order by avg(c)
AI: Craig add clarification/update to the spec, in particular require 
that ordering terms when grouping must be either grouping terms or 
aggregates. Consider adding an implementation note that the SQL query 
might have more terms selected than the JDOQL query specifies, and the 
extra terms are not given to the user.

[Dec 16 2005] JDO-220 jdoPostLoad callback not invoked during queries. 
AI: Michelle and Craig will take a look.

[Dec 9 2005] What optional feature is making inheritance mapping 3 fail? 
AI:  Craig discuss with expert group.

[Dec 9 2005]: <>Michael sent a message to the expert group regarding 
lost updates to relationship fields in case the non-owning side made the 
update. AI: Craig reply and propose a spec change to require not losing 
updates. This is incompatible with the current draft of EJB 3.

[Dec 9 2005]: Nontransactional write semantics appear to differ between 
optimistic and datastore transactions. Is this intentional? AI: Craig 
discuss with expert group.

[Dec 2 2005] Inheritance 3 fails. Optimization of inheritance 1 where 
there is no  table for abstract classes. JPOX doesn't support it. AI 
Craig:  discuss this mapping with expert group. It might be an optional 
feature.

[Nov 18 2005] AI: BEA to sign the donation paperwork for their test  
suite. Review how to merge their test cases into JDO TCK.

[Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK  1.5 
issues. in progress

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has  
into a list of features that are/are not supported.

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.

[Oct 14 2005] AI: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In progress.  
Several things need to be updated, including project.properties,  
project.xml and maven.xml.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on  
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI:  
Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11  
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the  
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI: Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions  
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on  
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to  
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] AI: (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that Brian  
is working on.

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to  
access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI: Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating  
and uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to  
trunk called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI: Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly  builds.

[May 20 2005] AI: Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if  
maven can help.


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message