db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg von Frantzius <joerg.von.frantz...@artnology.com>
Subject Re: Tests for execution in managed environments / J2EE containers?
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:39:10 GMT
I think it would be nice if the tests would also say something about the
real world usability of the tested JDO implementation, i.e. whether it
will run inside e.g. the most widespread open-source J2EE container.

What does it help to be standards-compliant if e.g. my appserver ist
much more picky about things than the test container? It turned out e.g.
that JBoss doesn't like any calls to begin(), commit() or rollback() on
a java.sql.Connection that has autoCommit set to true.

How about this:

    * a JBoss server is started from within the JUnit testsuite (the
      JBoss installation would best be included in the test project) in
      a separate VM,
    * (the implementation is deployed in it using .rar and ds.xml)
    * the test methods invoke individual corresponding JSPs in the JBoss
      that try-catch Exception and either return a success HTML or the
      stacktrace of any occurred exception