db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Dec 9, 9 am PST
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:10:30 GMT
> 7. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) Everything working except
> TestArrayCollections. JIRA issue is filed against JPOX.

Really ?

I check out latest SVN and with latest JPOX I get errors in
TestHashSetCollections, TestSetCollections, TestHashMapStringKeyCollections
and have for some time. I raised JDO-260, JDO-261 for these.

I also get errors on TestArrayCollections. In particular
javax.jdo.JDOUserException: Field
"org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.fieldtypes.ArrayCollections.ArrayOfObject1" is
declared as a reference type (interface/Object) but no implementation classes
of "java.lang.Object" have been found!

I see no issue raised against JPOX either for these fieldtypes tests - any
particular issue number ? Why is this error above seen as some error in
JPOX ? We have some proposal in the EG about "field-type" on <field>, and
"element-type" on <array> but I don't yet see any resolution to that. I
proposed an alternate way of doing things. Until I have a spec that defines
what a JDO impl is to do for defining "implementation types acceptable in a
particular field" we cannot resolve this.

--
Andy