db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 11, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:01:12 GMT
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Michael Watzek, Martin  
Zaun, Karan Mahli, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael W) 6 of 28 configurations fail; 470 tests 5  
failures 9 errors for both application and datastore identity.  
Progress is being made in both the number of test cases and the error/ 
failure rate. AI: File JIRA issues for all errors/failures.

2. Query tests (Michael W) JDO-163 was checked in. These tests are  
part of the 470 tests identified above. JDO-164 patch is ready for  
review. This represents another 47 tests. Started on JDO-165 SQL  
queries. Questions on SQL queries.

3. Detached objects (Matthew) no change.

4. getObjectsById tests (Geoff) no change.

5. ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin) Generics as  
PersistenceCapable classes: not supported; looking for a use case.  
Generics as field types of PersistenceCapable classes: no issues with  
enhancer.
Enums: You can write Enums with behavior. No use case is known for  
Enum as PersistenceCapable classes. Enum as fields of  
PersistenceCapable classes are ok.
Need to update the Model with runtime metadata signatures. Some of  
the support is already in the runtime20 code.

Some issues with api11 if built with source=1.5 and target=1.5.  
Martin will change the build script to 1.3 for both source and target.

6. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) Erik submitted a patch for the dtd; needs  
review. Apparently some issues with Erik's Apache account.

7. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) 5 tests still fail. Need  
additional metadata for array element-type. Same issue as fields of  
type Object and interfaces. Other 4 tests need fixed metadata (test  
case bugs JDO-211).

8. Other  issues and status (any and all) DTDs and XSDs need to be  
created and posted to Sun's official web site.

Karan Malhi wants to know why JDO is not part of the Java SE core  
library. He will follow up with the Java platform spec lead and post  
an open letter on the ServerSide.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Nov 4 2005] AI MB to ask Andy to file JIRA issue on problem with  
floats comparisons in query tests. JDO-206 was filed.

[Nov 4 2005]AI Martin: fix build scripts. Done.

[Nov 4 2005]AI Martin: Update wiki with discusion of JDO 1.5 issues.

[Oct 14 2005]: AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has  
into a list of  features that are/are not  not supported.

[Oct 14 2005]: AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.

[Oct 14 2005]: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In progress.   
Several things  need to be updated, including project.properties,   
project.xml and  maven.xml.

[Sep 2 2005]: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI:
Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that Brian is
working on.

[Jul 8]  Double-check locking in the PMF (Martin) Martin has
implemented and will check in.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to
access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating and
uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to trunk
called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will implement pushing SNAPSHOT builds of
the project to ibiblio.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly    
builds.

[May 13 2005] AI Martin Zaun will investigate JSR 294 (Java 5) to see
impact on enhancer.

[May 20 2005] AI Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if maven
can help.

-- Michelle


Craig Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message