db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: dtd property element
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 04:06:03 GMT
Hi Erik,

On Nov 8, 2005, at 3:58 PM, erik@jpox.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The element property in DTD misses the persistence-modifier attribute.
>
> On the same suject, I don't know the purpose of field-name in
> property. Can
> someone give me a light?

The purpose of field-name in property is to allow a query against a
property to be mapped to the appropriate field in each mapped
implementation class. So, if querying for a property called startDate
in Employee, it would be mapped to field beginDate in
PartTimeEmployee and to field beginningDate in FullTimeEmployee.

Craig

> Regards,
>
> Erik Bengtson

Craig Russell