db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: TCK : ImplicitParameters testResult
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 21:24:09 GMT
Hi Andy,

you are right, the current implementation of testing the query result
does not work in case of Object[]. Michael W. is currently working on
adding new TCK classes testing the query result handling (JDO-164). He
ran into the same problem and changed the code checking the query result
already. I expect this code being checked in early next week.

Regards Michael

>The ImplicitParameters test has a test called "testResult" that puts a parameter
>in the result.
>Let's leave aside why anyone would want to do this, other than insanity :-)
>Looking at the result of the test (with JPOX CVS) I now get
>
>    [java] expected: [[Ljava.lang.Object;@18e1286, [Ljava.lang.Object;@6231c0,
>[Ljava.lang.Object;@b0740c, [Ljava.lang.Object;@92c969, [Ljava.lang.Object;@e54d6a]
>    [java] got:      [[Ljava.lang.Object;@3d96b7, [Ljava.lang.Object;@171fdd8,
>[Ljava.lang.Object;@d08216, [Ljava.lang.Object;@10c7af9, [Ljava.lang.Object;@5da750]
>
>That is, JPOX returns a List of Object[], and the expected is a List of Object[].
>Scanning through the test I don't see evidence that the test is checking the
>results of each Object[], just comparing the object array objects which will
>clearly have different object array references. Can someone please review the
>test, and either correct it if it needs correcting, or get it to give more
>information on the actual error here - is the object returned wrong?, is the
>parameter returned wrong ?
>
>Thx
>--
>Andy