db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: TCK : jdoql.operator.NotEquals
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 19:40:32 GMT
Hi Andy,

you are right, NotEquals is comparing floating point values using != and
in general this is not a good idea (BTW, the same holds true for class
Equality).

This is a old test that came from JDO1 and AFAIK it has not been changed
since then. So I'm wondering why it is failing now. Could you file a
JIRA issue for this?

Thanks!

Regards Michael

> The TCK test for NotEquals is comparing the equality of floating point values and
> subsequently failing.
> The spec says :-
> <spec>
> Note that comparisons between floating point values are by nature inexact.
> Therefore, equality com-
> parisons (== and !=) with floating point values should be used with caution.
> </spec>
>
> Can someone please review this test, and comment on its validity.
>
> --
> Andy

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin