db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: TCK : OrderOfParameters
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:17:26 GMT
Hi Andy,

I thought about it and think that the changed query does not add much
value. I removed the second query from the test and checked in the
changed (see r330775).

However, I think the class misses to test the order of implicit
parameters used in different query elements. E.g. a query might use an
implicit parameter in the filter and another implicit parameter in the
having clause. I discussed this with Michael W. and he will add some
more test queries.

Regards Michael

> Hi Andy,
>
> good catch! The second filter should be "lastname == :param1 &&
> firstname == :param2". Then it returns an empty result as expected. I'll
> change this soon.
>
> Regards Michael
>
>> The TCK test OrderOfParameters has an error currently.
>>
>> The second query has "firstname == :param2 & lastname == :param1" (the
>> opposite
>> way around to the params in the first query), and thye parameter
>> values for both
>> queries are the same. As a result the result will be the same (the
>> parameters are
>> assigned to the values in the order they are encountered in the test).
>> You should
>> swap the values around if you want to get the expected result AFAIK.
>>
>> --
>> Andy

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin