db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Negative VOTE Issue 131: Use order element to allow duplicates
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:23:38 GMT
Javadogs,

Please reply if you have an issue with this.

Currently the spec does not appear to support an element that allows
mapping a collection (duplicates allowed) to a table with a column
specifically to allow duplicates. We have an <order> element but it
seems to be just for ordering.

I'd like to propose using the order element to be used for
duplicates. As a side effect, the collection might be ordered but
that's not a requirement.

<spec>
ELEMENT order
This element specifies the mapping for the ordering component of
arrays and lists.
</spec>

<proposed>
ELEMENT order
This element specifies the mapping for the ordering component of
arrays and lists, and for the mapping that allows duplicates in a
collection.
</proposed>

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com