db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject TCK : ImplicitParameters testResult
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 18:38:58 GMT
The ImplicitParameters test has a test called "testResult" that puts a parameter
in the result.
Let's leave aside why anyone would want to do this, other than insanity :-)
Looking at the result of the test (with JPOX CVS) I now get

    [java] expected: [[Ljava.lang.Object;@18e1286, [Ljava.lang.Object;@6231c0,
[Ljava.lang.Object;@b0740c, [Ljava.lang.Object;@92c969, [Ljava.lang.Object;@e54d6a]
    [java] got:      [[Ljava.lang.Object;@3d96b7, [Ljava.lang.Object;@171fdd8,
[Ljava.lang.Object;@d08216, [Ljava.lang.Object;@10c7af9, [Ljava.lang.Object;@5da750]

That is, JPOX returns a List of Object[], and the expected is a List of Object[].
Scanning through the test I don't see evidence that the test is checking the
results of each Object[], just comparing the object array objects which will
clearly have different object array references. Can someone please review the
test, and either correct it if it needs correcting, or get it to give more
information on the actual error here - is the object returned wrong?, is the
parameter returned wrong ?

Thx
--
Andy