db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 14, 9 am PDT
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:33:33 GMT
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Martin Zaun, Michael Bouschen, Michael  
Watzek, Craig Russell

1. Test status (Michael W) 6 configurations of 28 fail; Alltests  
status: 405 tests; 8 failures; 15 errors.

2. Query tests (Michael W) Patches for 156, 157, 158, 159 and 168  
have been reviewed and the infrastructure has been checked in.  
Patches need to be reviewed for 162 language changes. Bugs have been  
filed for JPOX issues encountered.

3. ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin) Model issues: can PC  
classes be loaded by the bootstrap class loader? Yes. Can PC classes  
be looked up by "any" model or only the model associated with the  
class loader of the class? General agreement that yes, this should be  
done. Implications for the public model accessors. AI: Michael will  
work on the fix.

JDK 1.5 support: Test classes currently do not use 1.5 features but  
can be compiled with -target 1.5 and they work with ri11. When  
compiling with -source 1.5 there are some issues. AI: Martin will  
start a Wiki page with 1.5 issues, to be linked by the web site. Many  
1.5 features work, such as auto-boxing and foreach. Still some issues  
with signatures (overlaid generic type system).

4. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) no status update, although good progress  
is being made.

Question on how to file/resolve JPOX issues. Should we have a  
separate category in the Apache JDO JIRA for JPOX issues? Currently  
we file them under the tck20 category. Craig opines that this is  
working well, especially considering that in the early stages of a  
bug we don't really know whether it is a tck bug or a JPOX bug.  
Suggestions can be sent to the jdo-dev alias.

5. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) Mostly done except for Map  
types; AI: everyone review the CollectionMapping wiki that Michelle  
sent out.

AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has into a list of  
features that are/are not  not supported.

AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.

6. Javadoc on web site (Craig) Ready for testing. Includes a  
disclaimer that Apache JDO is incubating before you can access the  
javadoc. Now includes downloadable .zip containing the javadoc so you  
can either browse online or download.

7. Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In progress. Several things  
need to be updated, including project.properties, project.xml and  
maven.xml.

8. Named queries in metadata. Element query unique and result-class.  
Should we have tests? No.

9. API20 is missing setRange(String). AI: Craig update the api  
project. Do it soon. JIRA issue JDO-181.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Sep 2 2005]: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI:
Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that Brian is
working on.

[Jul 8]  Double-check locking in the PMF (Martin) Martin has
implemented and will check in.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to
access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating and
uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to trunk
called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will implement pushing SNAPSHOT builds of
the project to ibiblio.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly  
builds.

[May 13 2005] AI Martin Zaun will investigate JSR 294 (Java 5) to see
impact on enhancer.

[May 20 2005] AI Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if maven
can help.

-- Michelle





Mime
View raw message