db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Assertion A14.6-21 (Query.getFetchPlan)
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:35:56 GMT
Hi Michael,

The relevant bit of the specification is regarding jdoPostLoad.
A10.1-2 [This method is not modified by the enhancer.]

So whatever is done in jdoPostLoad, the implementation will not be
called "transparently".

But the spec doesn't require jdoPostLoad to be called if only fetch
group A is active. A better test might be to define the default fetch
group explicitly as not having the fields, and define fetch group A
as having the fields. Then you can have the default fetch group (not
fetch any fields) invoke jdoPostLoad, but test that fetch group A
fields have been loaded.

Craig