db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Issue 133: TCK : Map tests
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:39:00 GMT
Javadogs,

I agree with Erik that the spec should more closely follow Java
semantics.

Here's the proposed spec change:

<spec 18.14.1>
The element-type attribute specifies the type of the elements. The
type name uses Java language rules for naming: if no package is
included in the name, the package name is assumed to be the same
package as the persistence-capable class. Inner classes are
identified by the "$" marker. Classes Boolean, Byte, Character,
Double, Float, Integer, Long, Number, Object, Short, String, and
StringBuffer are treated exactly as in the Java language: they are
first checked to see if they are in the package in which they are
used, and if not, assumed to be in the java.lang package.
</spec>

Craig