db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Help me understand this
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:39:36 GMT
Hi Karan,

> Hi,
>
> I was looking at "AllOtherTests" on the wiki. I looked at  A8.3-11 which
> is filed as JDO-188 on JIRA.
>
> My understanding is that since A8.3-11 is an assertion for JDOHelper, so
> the methods static Object[] getObjectIds (Object[] pcs); static
> Collection getObjectIds (Collection pcs); should be part of JDOHelper,
> right?
> When I look at the JDOHelper javadocs, I do not find the methods
> mentioned by this assertion. So, i would guess that those methods have
> to be added to the api20, correct?

Yes, the JDOHelper in api20 does not (yet) provide the static methods
getObjectIds(Object[] pcs) and getObjectIds (Collection pcs). They need
to be added.

> If one writes a test for the assertion, and if the some methods of
> JDOHelper are being tested, then should test class/es should go under
> the api.jdohelper package  or the api.persistencemanager package? The
> reason I ask this is because JDO-188 states that " The test case
> api.persistencemanager.GetObjectIds needs a test method per API. ". I
> thought it should be part of api.jdohelper.GebObjectIds.

I agree, the test class should GetObjectIds go in package api.jdohelper
and not in api.peristencemanager as stated in JDO-188.

Regards Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin