db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 7, 9 am PDT
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:58:22 GMT
Attendees: Matthew Adams, Michelle Caisse, Michael Watzek, Martin Zaun,
Geoff Hendrey.

Agenda:

Test status - 6 of 28 configurations fail. The alltests configuration
has 5 failures, 14 errors of 397, an improvement from last week.

Detached objects - Matthew commited changes to api 2.0 project last
week, adding (detachAllOnCommit(), close()). He got one simple test
running. He raised a use case on jdo-experts regarding the expected
behavior when a transient instance that references a detached object is
made persistent.

Query tests - Michael Watzek filed a number of new issues for adding
query tests and attached patches for keywords, operaters, new  methods.
Implemented variables & new parameters, but has not submitted the
patches yet. So far there are about 30 new tests, about half of which
fail or throw an error.

Inheritance tests - Michael sent email to Andy regarding a proposal to
drop the identity types on the PK columns of persons, fulltimeemployees,
and parttimeemployees and instead use an implementation-defined sequence
to generate unique PK. He is awaiting a response.

Multiproject build - Michelle proposes that we should create a new
multiproject goal that invokes the default goal of each TCK subproject.
This will compile all code, but not install the schema or run tests for
TCK20.

Maven console - Awaiting feedback from Karan on what else if anything
needs to be done.

ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 - With MB's check-in of last week, the
enhancer runs the same with jdk 1.3, 1.4, 1.5.  However, JUnit api11
tests for security manager tests fail. This needs investigation. Also
need to test that 1.5 features actually work. Prliminary work reveals no
problems here.

fieldtypes tests - Lots of progress has been made on resolving issues
causing these tests to fail. The latest JPOX build will reveal where we
now stand.

Michael noticed that Query class in api20 is missing setRange(String s).
 AI: Michael to file JIRA.

Geoff is available to work on some tests.  He will start with JDO-141.
AI Michelle to send Geoff pointers to How-to, maven & svn information.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Sep 2 2005]: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI:
Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that Brian is
working on.

[Jul 8]  Double-check locking in the PMF (Martin) Martin has
implemented and will check in.

[April 22 2005] AI JDO API release on ibiblio (Brian T)

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to
access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating and
uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to trunk
called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will implement pushing SNAPSHOT builds of
the project to ibiblio.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly builds.

[May 13 2005] AI Martin Zaun will investigate JSR 294 (Java 5) to see
impact on enhancer.

[May 20 2005] AI Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if maven
can help.

-- Michelle


Mime
View raw message