db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Issue 133: TCK : Map tests
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:29:16 GMT
>> The only other interpretation that I would support is to literally do
>> what Java does: for these specific type names (String, Integer, etc.
>> list of 10 names), look first in the named package for the type, and
>> if not found, go to java.lang to resolve them.

> I like better this

I do too, and that's what JPOX implements.
We don't really want the user to have to think of a (slightly) different
convention when in JDO than what they already have in Java.

Anyway, changing the spec to either of the proposed variants alleviates the need
for the TCK to be changed in this respect.

--
Andy