db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: RETRY: Transient instance referencing a detached instance?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:04:17 GMT
Hi,

If you would, please go through the state transitions of detached
objects becoming persistent via makePersistent or via reachability.
Include what happens to detached objects at commit and rollback.

I was unable to do this without creating numerous additional states
(detached-persistent, detached-persistent-dirty, detached-persistent-
deleted) and it was hideous.

Let me know what you find by doing the analysis and we can talk about
it. The clean way of doing it is still to allow mixing transient
instances with either detached or persistent object graphs but
keeping detached and persistent graphs distinct.

Thanks,

Craig

On Oct 5, 2005, at 5:31 PM, Matthew T. Adams wrote:

> Excellent.  Unless there's some technical reason that a user
> advocate like
> me can't see, let's make this change.  Craig, others, can you please
> comment?
>
> --matthew

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com