db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew T. Adams" <matthew.ad...@xcalia.com>
Subject RE: RETRY: Transient instance referencing a detached instance?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 15:36:26 GMT
Yes, Eric, I agree; the transient instance's reference to the detached
instance gets replaced with a reference to the attached copy of the detached
object.

The only problem that might arise is when the user has two (or more)
transient instances referencing two different detached copies of the same
persistent object that have incompatible changes.   Of course, this could
happen outside of this use case as well; in this case, is it last attached
object wins?

--matthew