Hi Karan,

On Sep 4, 2005, at 4:55 PM, karan malhi wrote:

Thanks Craig,

Please verify if i am correct. I will just take one example of Company1-1Relationships.conf. If i change the value of jdo.tck.mapping=2 then it would run the CompletenessTest using schema2.sql and also package-derby2.orm.

I think I might have misspoken earlier. You will basically select package-derby2.orm, and that file will select the schema to be used by the test.

and the test should pass. Which basically means that when i run a test for a particular configuration, i should actually be running 5 tests for one xxx.conf file. Is that correct?

Not exactly. The -1, -2, -3, and -4 versions of the .orm file use different inheritance mappings compared to the non-suffix version of the orm.

Right now, if you maven runtck.jdori you will run 22 configurations: 11 using application identity and 11 using datastore identity. The 11 configurations are: 1 with the "standard" mapping and 396 tests; 6 relationship test configurations, and 4 inheritance test configurations.

Here's the test/conf/inheritance3.conf file:

jdo.tck.description = Completeness test with inheritance mapping 3: \
Person has inheritance strategy "new-table". \
Employee has inheritance strategy "subclass-table". \
PartTimeEmployee and FullTimeEmployee has inheritance strategy "new-table". \
Insurance has inheritance strategy "subclass-table". \
MedicalInsurance and DentalInsurance have inheritance strategy "new-table".
jdo.tck.classes = org.apache.jdo.tck.mapping.CompletenessTest
jdo.tck.testdata = org/apache/jdo/tck/pc/company/companyNoRelationships.xml
jdo.tck.mapping = 3

It runs the CompletenessTest with package-derby3.orm which calls out the schema defined in derby schema3.

Hope this helps.

Craig

Craig Russell wrote:

Hi Karan,