db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@solarmetric.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Issue 132: Factory Sequences
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:00:32 GMT
I think in order to allow the user to implement sequences with
sufficient power, you need some sort of Sequence SPI interface whose
next() and similar methods are given the PM.  In the case of a sequence
used for identity values, these methods might need the persistent Class
as well.  I actually posted on this a long time ago.

I'm fine with dropping factory-class.  Or if someone creates a proposal
for an SPI interface, I'm fine with that too.  You can search the
newsgroup to find my old posts about it if anyone is interested.