db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Karan Malhi <karan.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: My first test run -- 'splain me this, Lucy
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 03:47:49 GMT
Do we really need the system property "testlist"?

I guess i found the place where JDOTCKTestCases.list is specified as the
default. It is specified in the file

test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/util/TestListSuite.java:

public static final String TESTLIST_DEFAULT = "JDOTCKTestCases.list";

If you look at the error, looks like it is trying to find a system property
"testlist" and if that property is not specified, then its default value is
JDOTCKTestCases.list.

if you look at the catch block of the method getTestClassNames, it prints
out the error which Matthew got:

Problems reading testlist JDOTCKTestCases.list:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: JDOTCKTestCases.list (No such file or
directory)

protected List getTestClassNames() {
// get the name of the testlist file as system property
String testlist = System.getProperty(TESTLIST_PROPERTY, TESTLIST_DEFAULT);
List testClassNames = new ArrayList();
try {
BufferedReader reader = getTestListReader(testlist);
for (String line = reader.readLine();
line != null;
line = reader.readLine()) {
line = line.trim();
if (isTestClassName(line)) {
testClassNames.add(line);
}
}
reader.close();
}
catch (IOException ex) {
System.out.println("Problems reading testlist " + testlist + ": " + ex);
}
return testClassNames;
}

I added a ex.printStackTrace() to the catch block and got the following
output:

doRuntck.jdori:
[java] Problems reading testlist JDOTCKTestCases.list:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: JDOTCKTestCases.list (No such file or
directory)
[java] java.io.FileNotFoundException: JDOTCKTestCases.list (No such file or
directory)
[java] at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
[java] at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
[java] at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)
[java] at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:41)
[java] at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.TestListSuite$1.run(TestListSuite.java
:149)
[java] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[java] at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.TestListSuite.getTestListReader(
TestListSuite.java:146)
[java] at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.TestListSuite.getTestClassNames(
TestListSuite.java:124)
[java] at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.TestListSuite.<init>(TestListSuite.java
:66)
[java] at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.TestListSuite.suite(TestListSuite.java:85)
[java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
[java] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
[java] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
[java] at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getTest(BaseTestRunner.java:111)
[java] at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.start(BatchTestRunner.java
:107)
[java] at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.main(BatchTestRunner.java
:93)
[java] Description: Test Stuff
[java] Time: 000
[java] derby-app-mytest-junit.txt:
[java] OK Tests run: 000, Time: 000 seconds.
[java] Excluded tests: [org.apache.jdo.tck.enhancement.FieldAccessModified,
org.apache.jdo.tck.enhancement.ImplementsPersistenceCapable]
[echo] Finished run with database="derby" identitytype="applicationidentity"
mapping="".

[echo]

result:
[java] Result: All (1) configurations passed.
[java] See file
'/home/karan/Projects/jdolatest/jdo/trunk/tck20/target/logs/20050922-234348/TCK-
results.txt' for details.

--
Karan Malhi