db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Karan Malhi <karan.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject maven console issue
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:09:49 GMT
Hi ,

I am attaching the maven.xml and the plugin.jelly file (This is not a
patch).

Please place the plugin.jelly file in ~/.maven/cache/maven-
console-plugin-1.1 folder . (This will replace the original
plugin.jellyfile, so please take a back up of your
plugin.jelly file)

Now try and test maven console and please provide feedback. I couldnt
generate the patch because there were tabs and the variable names are not
very good yet . I will clean this file tomorrow/tonight and provide a patch.

What does the new maven.xml do:

My objective was not to touch the other goals in the maven.xml. So i have
written some preGoals and postGoals for the setProps goal and the console
goal.
Any time you cal setProps it will first run the preGoal for setProps, which
will check if you are running setProps for the first time or is it the
second or more time you have run it. If you run the setProps the first time,
it tokenizes the property values. However, in console if you run it the
second time, it tries to tokenize Collection objects and so on. So if the
preGoal for setProps finds that setProps is being run the second time (or
third or fourth), it will just pick up the collection created earlier(with
the first call to setProps) and convert the values to a space seperated
string again, so the setProps could re-tokenize the string into a Collection
and the other goals can keep using that collection.

I have also fixed the issue i mentioned earlier , now you can set properties
while maven console is running :).

jdo.tck.cfglist=inheritance2.conf

Source code for maven.xml is dirty and badly indented, so please forgive me
for that.

Can anybody tell me how i could use vi to convert tabs to spaces. If i
wanted to convert a tab to 4 spaces using vi, could you please send me the
command for that.

PS: if while setting a property while maven console is running, you give the
wrong property name, then you will have to reset all properties or start the
console again.
--
Karan Malhi