db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Karan Malhi <karan.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject maven console issue
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:11:21 GMT
Hi,

I have been able to fix the maven console issue to some extent. looks like
maven console is not very mature as it does not provide enough hooks to
write preGoals.

The only thing i have not been able to fix (and i would have to hack the
plugin.jelly file for the console plugin to fix it) is, when i have the
maven console running and now want to change the property to some other
value.

So if i start the console giving the following command:

maven -bo -Djdo.tck.cfglist=inheritance1.conf -
Djdo.tck.identitytypes=applicationidentity console

and now i want to change a property when the console is running, so i give
the following command:

jdo.tck.cfglist=inheritance2.conf

then maven console does not set this property in a separate goal , but it
does it in the "console" goal itself. Which means that if i wanted to trap
this event using a pre/post Goal, then i cant.

The only way i can think of doing it is to hack the plugin.jelly for maven
console plugin and extract the code setting the property into a separate
goal, but i dont know how open you are to doing something like this (dirty
solution in my opinion).

Second way to copy the plugin.jelly goals into our project.xml file (the one
in the trunk folder) . Then it becomes very easy to change and modify it.
Again i am not sure if you guys are open to that .

Maven Gurus: can i get to a variable declared in the plugin.jelly file for a
plugin from the maven.xml file? if so, how? I am not sure if
context.getVariable('variableName') works in this case.

--
Karan Malhi