db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 16, 9 am PDT
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:47:58 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Michael Watzek, Matthew  
Adams, Erik Bengtson, Martin Zaun, Karan Mahli, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael W) No progress on test status. 6  
configurations fail; 12 failures 22 errors; same as last week. AI:  
Michelle and Craig take a closer look at the collections errors.

2. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) no change.

3. Detached objects (Matthew) no change. Plan is to adapt JPOX unit  
tests to make them detach test cases.

4. Query tests (Michael, Michael) Michael W put proposal into wiki.  
TCK page QueryTests describes test assertions and strategy. New  
packages for query tests. Not quite finished, but needs to be reviewed.

5. Sequence tests (Karan) Has some code working. Will continue  
working on the strategy. JPOX doesn't support sequences in orm file,  
only jdo file. Learning experience to follow Michelle's step-by-step.  
More discussion over email. JPOX creates a sequence table if one  
doesn't exist.

6. Other  issues and status (any and all)

We think it's a good idea to put a default maven goal into jdo/trunk  
that tells users what the structure is of the project. Add a maven  
goal that builds the JDO 2 stuff or the JDO 1 stuff. Is there a way  
to define a maven multi-project with a specific list of projects.  
Point users to the README and other important items. AI: Michelle  
file a JIRA issue.

Maven console issue: AI Karan will investigate.

7. Review of new or updated issues in JIRA, if time permits

Action Items from weeks past:

[Sep 2 2005]: Issue with logging: more and more directories with  
timestamp. Karan will see if it makes sense to automate the removal  
of old log directories.
[Sep 2 2005]: The project needs a high level overview that tells new  
people what's current, what's the plan in more detail.

[Sep 2 2005]: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on  
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI:  
Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11  
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the  
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions  
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on  
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to  
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] Is there any way to indicate from maven whether a set  
of configurations was successful? Not the way it's set up. AI:  
Michael file a JIRA on this.

[July 29 2005] (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that Brian is  
working on.

[Jul 8]  Double-check locking in the PMF (Martin) Martin has  
implemented and will check in.

[April 22 2005] AI JDO API release on ibiblio (Brian T)

[May 20 2005] AI: Craig file JIRA bug and fix this. Can test cases rely
on JDOHelper for state interrogation of non-binary-compatibility
classes? Yes, but the  JDO 2.0 JDOImplHelper class has not implemented
the functionality yet. Done.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to
access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating and
uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to trunk
called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[April 15 2005] AI Matthew will create a directory in the
tck.api.persistencemanager called detach in which he will have complete
freedom to implement the assertions in the detach section of the
specification.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will implement pushing SNAPSHOT builds of
the project to ibiblio.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly  
builds.

[May 13 2005] AI Martin Zaun will investigate JSR 294 (Java 5) to see
impact on enhancer.

[May 20 2005] AI Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if maven
can help.

-- Michelle


Craig Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!


Mime
View raw message