db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: .conf files -- jdo.tck.mapping property
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 02:16:39 GMT
Hi Karan,

On Sep 4, 2005, at 4:55 PM, karan malhi wrote:

> Thanks Craig,
>
> Please verify if i am correct. I will just take one example of
> Company1-1Relationships.conf. If i change the value of
> jdo.tck.mapping=2 then it would run the CompletenessTest using
> schema2.sql and also package-derby2.orm.

I think I might have misspoken earlier. You will basically select
package-derby2.orm, and that file will select the schema to be used
by the test.

> and the test should pass. Which basically means that when i run a
> test for a particular configuration, i should actually be running 5
> tests for one xxx.conf file. Is that correct?

Not exactly. The -1, -2, -3, and -4 versions of the .orm file use
different inheritance mappings compared to the non-suffix version of
the orm.

Right now, if you maven runtck.jdori you will run 22 configurations:
11 using application identity and 11 using datastore identity. The 11
configurations are: 1 with the "standard" mapping and 396 tests; 6
relationship test configurations, and 4 inheritance test configurations.

Here's the test/conf/inheritance3.conf file:

jdo.tck.description = Completeness test with inheritance mapping 3: \
Person has inheritance strategy "new-table". \
Employee has inheritance strategy "subclass-table". \
PartTimeEmployee and FullTimeEmployee has inheritance strategy "new-
table". \
Insurance has inheritance strategy "subclass-table". \
MedicalInsurance and DentalInsurance have inheritance strategy "new-
table".
jdo.tck.classes = org.apache.jdo.tck.mapping.CompletenessTest
jdo.tck.testdata = org/apache/jdo/tck/pc/company/
companyNoRelationships.xml
jdo.tck.mapping = 3

It runs the CompletenessTest with package-derby3.orm which calls out
the schema defined in derby schema3.

Hope this helps.

Craig

> Craig Russell wrote:
>

>> Hi Karan,
>>
>> On Sep 4, 2005, at 4:13 PM, karan malhi wrote:
>>

>>> What is the significance of jdo.tck.mapping property in the
>>> xxx.conf files. Is is telling maven to use a particular schema.
>>> i.e. if i specify the value jdo.tck.mapping=1, would it run the
>>> test against applicationidentity1 | datastoreidentity1 schemas as
>>> specified in the respective schema1.sql file.
>>>

>> I think that this property affects both the schema and the mapping
>> (orm file).
>> Craig
>>

>>> --
>>> Karan Singh