db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Run single TCK test?
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:21:30 GMT
Hi Matthew,

Good questions.

Matthew T. Adams wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please forgive if dumb questions.
>
> How do I run a single test method or test class?  I'd like to be able
> to do it via the command line as well as in NetBeans so that I can
> debug it.  Do I have to create my own configuration file in test/conf
> (.list & .conf) for each test I want to run alone?

You need your own .conf file and you invoke it with
-Djdo.tck.cfglist=<your conf> on the maven command line.  Take a look at
step 12. on http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/TechnologyCompatibilityKit#HowTo

>   Also, which target is the most appropriate to build tck20 plus its
> dependencies without executing the near-20-minute installSchema target?

Michael B. has just added some nice multiproject goals in jdo/trunk.
 From there you can do maven tck20.build.  Unfortunately, this does get
you the lengthy installSchema goal as well.  So we really don't have a
single target that meets your requirements.  However, you're gonna need
a schema installed for most anything you do, aren't you?  So you just do
it once.  Otherwise, you can take a look at either trunk/README.txt or
trunk/project.properties to find out the order of dependencies and
invoke maven in each of the subdirectories.  You need to build api20,
core20, enhancer20, then tck20.

In case you haven't heard, you can do maven help in tck20 to get some
help text for goals and options.

-- Michelle