db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Biggs <...@tralfamadore.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Issue 132: Factory Sequences
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 00:31:03 GMT
Craig Russell wrote:

> Here's what we could do for the factory construction. Please vote or
> discuss.
> 1. Remove factory-class from the metadata. It's too much work for this
> late in the project. All sequences would be implemented by the JDO vendor.
That's my vote.  But perhaps I'm not imaginative enough in thinking of
all the different kinds of user-defined sequences the developers of the
world will need.

However, I wouldn't mind having the sequence-property elements as you
describe, and standardizing the semantics of those that are most likely
to be needed, e.g. InitialValue, Increment.

View raw message