db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: status update: ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:46:22 GMT
Hi Martin,

some remarks:

- About the ClassNotFoundException ...RefFSContextFactory:
You need to copy the jndi jars fscontext.jar and providerutil.jar to
trunk/lib/ext. The issue is that we cannot download the jndi jars
automatically, because you need to accept the license agreement. Have a
look at trunk/README.txt, section "JNDI implementation".
There is no need to change the jndi property in project.properties.
- Maven calls the junit tests as part of the build goal in the ri11
project. The test output is stored under target/test-results with a log
file per test class.
- I'm surprised about the MissingResourceException for the key
ERR_MultipleJavaField. Is there any difference in the bundle lookup in
Java 5?

I hope this helps.

Regards Michael

> Hi Craig,
>
> here's the current status of testing my RI11 enhancer changes for
> Java 5 support (running jdk 1.5.0_05):
>
> maven.compile.source =          1.3             1.3             1.5
> maven.compile.target =          1.3             1.5             1.5
> tck11                            OK              OK              OK
> junit tests (maven build)        OK              OK        2 errors
> runtest.list/security            OK              OK      1+5 errors
> multiJVMtests                 error           error           error
>   ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
>
> So, the basic 1.5 classfile support seems to be working (target=1.5),
> but there are errors when compiling the ri11 and junit tests with
> source=1.5, into which I started looking.
>
> More details on the errors below.
>
> Martin

> Failing JUnit tests:
>
> [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jdo.test.Test_JDOModel FAILED
> [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jdo.test.Test_Query FAILED
>
> How can I get more information on these failures?
>
> I tried modifying the log level in ri11/test/conf/
>   logging.properties and simplelog.properties
> but with no success.

> JDO RI test suite, runtest.list and runtest.security:
>
> Tests run: 149,  Failures: 1,  Errors: 5
>
> Details below.

> [java] RUN Test_JDOModel.testDefaults   FAILURE
>
>     [java] There was 1 failure:
>     [java] 1)
> testDefaults(org.apache.jdo.test.Test_JDOModel)junit.framework.Com
> parisonFailure: Wrong list of persistentSerializableFieldNumbers of
> class org.ap
> ache.jdo.pc.empdept.PCFullTimeEmployee expected:<..., 10...> but
> was:<......>
>     [java]      at
> org.apache.jdo.test.Test_JDOModel.verifyPCFullTimeEmployee(Te
> st_JDOModel.java:304)
>     [java] Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find
> resource fo
> r bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key ERR_MultipleJavaField

> [java] RUN Test_EmpDeptSerialization.test   ERROR
>
>     [java] 1)
> test(org.apache.jdo.test.Test_EmpDeptSerialization)java.lang.Excep
> tionInInitializerError
>     [java]      at
> org.apache.jdo.test.Test_EmpDeptSerialization.createObjects(T
> est_EmpDeptSerialization.java:105)

> [java] RUN Test_Inheritance.test   ERROR
>
>     [java] 2)
> test(org.apache.jdo.test.Test_Inheritance)java.lang.NoClassDefFoun
> dError
>     [java]      at
> org.apache.jdo.test.EmpDeptSupport.createObjects(EmpDeptSuppo
> rt.java:76)

> [java] RUN Test_StringOID.test   ERROR
>
>     [java] 3)
> test(org.apache.jdo.test.Test_StringOID)java.lang.NoClassDefFoundE
> rror
>     [java]      at
> [...]

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin