db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Zaun <Martin.Z...@Sun.COM>
Subject status update: ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:30:26 GMT

Hi Craig,

here's the current status of testing my RI11 enhancer changes for
Java 5 support (running jdk 1.5.0_05):

maven.compile.source =          1.3             1.3             1.5
maven.compile.target =          1.3             1.5             1.5
tck11                            OK              OK              OK
junit tests (maven build)        OK              OK        2 errors
runtest.list/security            OK              OK      1+5 errors
multiJVMtests                 error           error           error
   ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory

So, the basic 1.5 classfile support seems to be working (target=1.5),
but there are errors when compiling the ri11 and junit tests with
source=1.5, into which I started looking.

More details on the errors below.

Martin

Failing JUnit tests:

[junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jdo.test.Test_JDOModel FAILED
[junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jdo.test.Test_Query FAILED

How can I get more information on these failures?

I tried modifying the log level in ri11/test/conf/
   logging.properties and simplelog.properties
but with no success.

JDO RI test suite, runtest.list and runtest.security:

Tests run: 149,  Failures: 1,  Errors: 5

Details below.

[java] RUN Test_JDOModel.testDefaults   FAILURE

     [java] There was 1 failure:
     [java] 1) testDefaults(org.apache.jdo.test.Test_JDOModel)junit.framework.Com
parisonFailure: Wrong list of persistentSerializableFieldNumbers of class org.ap
ache.jdo.pc.empdept.PCFullTimeEmployee expected:<..., 10...> but was:<......>
     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.test.Test_JDOModel.verifyPCFullTimeEmployee(Te
st_JDOModel.java:304)
     [java] Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource fo
r bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key ERR_MultipleJavaField

[java] RUN Test_EmpDeptSerialization.test   ERROR

     [java] 1) test(org.apache.jdo.test.Test_EmpDeptSerialization)java.lang.Excep
tionInInitializerError
     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.test.Test_EmpDeptSerialization.createObjects(T
est_EmpDeptSerialization.java:105)

[java] RUN Test_Inheritance.test   ERROR

     [java] 2) test(org.apache.jdo.test.Test_Inheritance)java.lang.NoClassDefFoun
dError
     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.test.EmpDeptSupport.createObjects(EmpDeptSuppo
rt.java:76)

[java] RUN Test_StringOID.test   ERROR

     [java] 3) test(org.apache.jdo.test.Test_StringOID)java.lang.NoClassDefFoundE
rror
     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.test.EmpDeptSupport.createObjects(EmpDeptSuppo
rt.java:76)

[java] RUN Test_Query.testMemoryQueries   ERROR

     [java] 4) testMemoryQueries(org.apache.jdo.test.Test_Query)java.lang.Excepti
onInInitializerError
     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.test.Test_Query.createObjects(Test_Query.java:
344)
     [java] Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource fo
r bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key ERR_MultipleJavaField

[java] RUN Test_Query.testExtentQueries   ERROR

     [java] 5) testExtentQueries(org.apache.jdo.test.Test_Query)java.lang.NoClass
DefFoundError
     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.test.Test_Query.createObjects(Test_Query.java:
344)

JDO RI test suite, runtest.multiJVMtests:

2 errors, even with maven.compile.source,target = 1.3

     [java] RUN Test_FetchInserted.test   ERROR

     [java] 1) test(org.apache.jdo.test.Test_FetchInserted)javax.naming.NoInitial
ContextException: Cannot instantiate class: com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextF
actory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jndi.fsconte
xt.RefFSContextFactory]

This sun-specific JDK class seems to be missing or renamed in
JDK 1.5.  I guess we only have to change the entry in
ri11/test/conf/jndi.properties.   If anyone knows, let me know.