db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject test template
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:50:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to come up with a simple test template for a JDO TCK test. I
need your feedback. I've attached a draft, half-cooked. (I have done
nothing yet with the test method and helper method.)

Up to the point where the test method begins, I've put in replaceable
kewords:
PACKAGE
TEST_SUPERCLASS
TITLE
KEYWORDS
ASSERTION_ID
ASSERTION_TEXT
TEST_NAME
PC_CLASS
I plan to provide instructions on replacing these items with appropriate
test.

**Is this useful?

**Should we attempt to include any sample code in the test method?  Or
should we leave it empty and provide an external text description with
some pointers on writing test code?

I thought of providing more documentation in template.java, but I
decided against it for two reasons:
-. I want the template to be easily editable, without a lot of extra
stuff that needs to be deleted.
-. People inevitably leave boilerplate comments in the document they are
editing and I want to avoid that by not putting any in.

I welcome your comments and suggestions.

-- Michelle