db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject dtd and xsd files in api20
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:26:06 GMT
Hi Craig,

today the api20 project includes jdo.dtd, jdo.xsd, orm.dtd defining the
structure of metadata files.Should we add an orm.xsd?

The spec allows JDOQL queries to be defined in .jdoquery metadata files.
Their structure uses a subset of the metadata elements of the .jdo and
.orm files. Would it make sense to add a separate dtd for .jdoquery
files: jdoquery.dtd (and a .jdoquery.xsd)? I think it defines just a few
elements: a new root element jdoquery, package, class, interface and
query. Elements package, class and interface only define the name
attribute; class and interface only have query and extension subelements.

Regards Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin