db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject New query assertions
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:30:53 GMT
Hi Michelle,

I think we need a new assertion in the query chapter. It is about
overriding elements of a Query instance created using a single string
JDOQL query.

The new assertion A14.6-23 should cover the second and third item in the
bulleted list in section "14.6 Query Interface", subsection "Query
evaluation" on page 147 of the proposed final draft (August 10) of the spec:
• the single string query is first parsed to yield the result, result
class, filter, variable list, parameter list, import list, grouping,
ordering, and range.
• then, the values specified in APIs setResult, setResultClass,
setFilter, declareVariables, declareParamters, declareImports,
setGrouping, setOrdering, and setRange override the corresponding
settings from the single string query.

What do you think?

Regards Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66