db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Connection Pooling
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:27:16 GMT
Hi Karan,

I think what Michael W. recalls describes an old version of tck20. In
the current version we start a JVM per test configuration. The maven
goal doRuntck.jdori starts a JVM and passes a list of tck20 test classes
as argument. The configuration specifies a property jdo.tck.classes
which includes this list of test classes.

Michael W. will run the tck w/o connection pooling and send out email
with the results.

Regards Michael

> Thanks Michael,
>
> Was it a requirement of the TCK to start a seperate VM for each test ? The
> reason why i ask this is because it takes more time to create a connection
> pool , and with 396 tests this also contributes to the time the tests take
> to execute.
>
> On 9/8/05, Michael Watzek <mwa.tech@spree.de> wrote:
>
>>Hi Karan,
>>

>>>It seems like the tests are trying to create a connection pool with each
>>>test. Is there any reason we are not getting the pool just once at the
>>>start of the test and then reusing connections from that pool?
>>>

>>Each TCK test class is executed using a separate VM. Some test classes
>>implement more than a single test cases. All test cases implemented by
>>the same test class share the same pmf instance. These test cases
>>benefit from connection pooling since the pool is attached to the pmf
>>instance.
>>
>>However, most of the test classes implement only one test case. These
>>test cases can not benefit from connection pooling.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Michael
>>--
>>Michael Watzek Tech@Spree Engineering GmbH
>>mailto:mwa.tech@spree.de Buelowstr. 66
>>Tel.: ++49/30/235 520 36 10783 Berlin - Germany
>>Fax.: ++49/30/217 520 12 http://www.spree.de/

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin