db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Connection Pooling
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:06:31 GMT
Hi Karan,

> It seems like the tests are trying to create a connection pool with each
> test. Is there any reason we are not getting the pool just once at the
> start of the test and then reusing connections from that pool?

Each TCK test class is executed using a separate VM. Some test classes
implement more than a single test cases. All test cases implemented by
the same test class share the same pmf instance. These test cases
benefit from connection pooling since the pool is attached to the pmf
instance.

However, most of the test classes implement only one test case. These
test cases can not benefit from connection pooling.

Regards,
Michael