db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: patch for review: updates to dtd, xsd
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:16:20 GMT
Hi Michael,

This is more a question for Craig and the expert group, but I don't
think that primary-key, column, and foreign-key within a join are
mutually exclusive.  If you look at the example in section 18.7 of the
spec, both primary-key and column are used.  The column elements name
the columns used to join to the primary key columns of the primary
table; primary-key and foreign-key elements are used to provide
information about the pk and fk columns of the join table.

-- Michelle

Michael Watzek wrote:

> Hi Michelle,
>
> I have a question concerning
>
> <!ELEMENT join (extension*, primary-key?, column*, foreign-key?,
> index?, unique?, extension*)>
>
> Does it make sense to declare elements "primary-key", "column",
> "foreign-key" as either/or content?
>
> Regards,
> Michael
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've attached a patch that contains updates to the api20 jdo.dtd,
>> orm.dtd, and jdo.xsd.  The updates are based on the working spec as
>> of Friday, 9/2.  I've also attached the xml schema file because the
>> diff is hard to read.  Please let me know if you see any errors.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Michelle

[patch deleted]