db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject New subpackages for TCK query tests
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:38:41 GMT
Hi,

Michael W. and I started looking into JDO assertions testing JDO query
features that have been added with JDO2. None of them are implemented
yet, so we will have to add a couple of new query test classes.

Today the query package org.apache.jdo.tck.query includes 65 test
classes and we would need to add a couple of more to test the JDO2 query
features. We think this is too much for one package, so we propose
adding some subpackages to org.apache.jdo.tck.query:
- api testing the Query API methods
- result testing query result handling
- sql testing SQL queries executed from a Query instance
- delete testing delete queries
Some of the existing test cases need to be refactored into the api
package. Should we keep the remaining tests in org.apache.jdo.tck.query
or should we add another package (e.g. language) for these?

Regards Michael
Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin