db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Testing persistent interfaces
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:39:00 GMT
Hi Craig,

I like the idea of using the xml bean factory instance pattern instead
of the static bean factory. I was not aware that I can add a bean
instance to the CompanyModelReader using an API such as addSingleton
instead of defining in xml. This solves the problem of attaching the
current pm to the company factory which is then used by the
CompanyModelReader when creating pc instances.

A few remarks about the patch:
- Today CompanyFactoryRegistry.registerFactory takes the name of the
company factory class as an argument. This means all the callers need to
get the value of the system property jdo.tck.mapping.companyfactory and
pass this to the call. Would it make sense to add another method
registerFactory taking just the PM:
     public static final String companyFactoryClassName =
         System.getProperty("jdo.tck.mapping.companyfactory");

     public static void registerFactory(PersistenceManager pm) {
         registerFactory(companyFactoryClassName, pm);
     }
This keeps the handling of the property jdo.tck.mapping.companyfactory
local in class CompanyFactoryRegistry.

- Class CompanyModelReader should define a constant for the name of the
companyFactory bean in the xml:
     public static final String COMPANY_FACTORY_BEAN = "companyFactory";
It is used in the addSingleton call in method configureFactory.

- The patch includes a changed version of derby.property where you
uncommented the special Mac property for derby. I guess you are not
going to check in this change, correct?

Regards Michael

> Javadogs,
>
> Please check out the Wiki page
> http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/PersistentInterfaces and this patch.
>
> I've tested the companyNoRelationships.xml but haven't updated the other
> testdata files, pending a review. The idea is to replace the testdata
> xml files with the factory concept so they can be used by the standard
> CompletenessTest as well as the interface test.
>
> Craig
>
> =
>

> Craig Russell

> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com