db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Logging - cleaning up older log folders
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:27:38 GMT
Hi Karan,

as far as I know there is no such limit, other than available space on
your disk :-). Calling 'maven clean' removes the entire target
directory, so all the log directories will be gone. Please note, it also
removes all the class files and the installed schema.

Regards Michael

> Hi Michael,
>
> Regarding logging, each time i run the test, it creates a folder
> (timestamped) under test/target. Is there a limit to these folders? Does
> maven have a goal for cleaning up the existing folders. For example, can
> i do something like telling maven that i just want the last 10 log
> files, any older ones should be cleaned up. I think that the
> RollingFileAppender in Log4j is an option where it would create backups
> of existing log files, but i can still tell log4j to maintain x number
> of backups.

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin