db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: derby schema
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:53:00 GMT
Craig Russell wrote:
> Hi Karan,
>
> On Sep 4, 2005, at 3:04 PM, karan malhi wrote:
>
>> How can i view the derby schema?
>

> I use vi. The schema files (there are ten of them) are in directory
> test/sql/derby/{application}|{datastore}identity/schema*.sql

If you don't have schema files readily available, the derby dblook tool
dumps the schema for a given database. More info is at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/tools/ctoolsdblook.html .

Derby doesn't have any GUI tools, but a few that (seem to) work are
documented at http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/misc.html . In
particular, I keep hearing really good things about SQuirreL SQL from
http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/ . If you decide to look at this,
grab the new jar they made available that fixes a derby problem; see
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=7611732&forum_id=3116
.

  -jean