db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Persistent interface factory testing proposal
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:47:56 GMT
Hi Craig,

I like the description! A few comments:

- In the changed xml example you introduced class CompanyFactoryImpl. It
might be helpful to mention that this class implements the
CompanyFactory interface, but it does not create the instances itself.
Instead it delegates to the factory specified by the system property
jdo.tck.mapping.companyfactory.

- In sentence "The graph that is compared to the persistent graph is
always constructed using the class factory" it is not clear what is
meant by class factory. Actually this is the first factory described in
the list of concepts. Maybe it is easier to move the sentence after the
bulleted list and then refer the first factory.

- The description uses the name CompanyFactoryImpl for a concrete
factory implementation: "The strategy for implementation is for a
concrete class CompanyFactoryImpl that contains ...". The xml sample
code use the same class name CompanyFactoryImpl as the name of the
factory that delegates to the concrete factory. I find this confusing.

- The description uses the class name CompanyFactoryAbstractImpl as name
of the abstract factory, the sample code adds the word "Interface":
CompanyFactoryInterfaceAbstractImpl. I think the description is correct.

- The constructor comment of the abstract factory sample code uses the
wrong class name.

- The end of the document mentions that we need a factory that uses the
PM.newInstance method with the pc class as the argument. I propose to
add this option as the 4th concept under "The persistent graph is
constructed using one of these concepts:"
the factory calls pm.newInstance on a concrete persistence capable class

- Minor: your text uses class names such as CompletenessTest,
CompanyFactory,etc. which are resolved as links to other wiki pages. If
you do not like these to show up as link just add two backquotes before
the upper case letter in the middle: Completeness``Test.

Regards Michael

> Javadogs,
>
> Please review http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/PersistentInterfaces for the
> test strategy for persistent interface factory
> pm.newInstance(PersistentInterfact.class).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig
>
> Craig Russell

> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com