db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Spurious executable file property in svn repository
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:08:55 GMT
Hi Michelle,

thanks for the info, this is very helpful!

I agree we should skip the svn:executable flag from the files in the
repository. What about the script createdb.sh from tck20/test/sql/derby?
I think shell scripts should be executable. However, I think we do not
need this script anymore, so let's remove it.

I installed the Subversion 1.2.3 Win32 binaries as you suggested and it
works fine. I decided to remove the subversion component from my cvgwin
installation instead of renaming the svn executable. I'm not sure
whether svn comes with dlls which also need to be renamed.

Would it make sense to add your findings to our SubVersion wiki page
http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/SubversionRepository ? I hope to get more
contributors and committers and they would run into the same problem if
they use svn from cygwin.

Regards Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin