db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Run single TCK test?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:26:28 GMT
Hi Matthew,

On Sep 22, 2005, at 9:09 AM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

> Matthew T. Adams wrote:
>

>> Yes, I only want to run installSchema once, unless I'm going to
>> lunch or
>> something while it runs.  I'd like to be able to build tck20, though,
>> without running the installSchema target.

I think something got lost in translation. When you build tck20 for
the first time, the target directory is created. This directory
contains the log files, the database, class files, and enhanced
classes. If you then runtck.jdori, it will use everything that's
already built and won't do anything except repackage the enhanced
classes. Specifically, it won't run installSchema.

If you want to do a clean build without installing schema, you can rm
target/classes, target/enhanced and then runtck.jdori. That will
rebuild the classes from source, enhance, and run the tests.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!