db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Karan Malhi" <Ka...@learnquest.com>
Subject RE: test template
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:27:04 GMT
Hi Michelle,

>From my experience in training, this is what i think will get the point across fastest.

1. Have a stripped down version (like you mentioned.)
2. A  step by step tutorial which uses an real assertion and shows how to write a test case
and test it with maven. The developer would literally be seeing the results while learning
and does not have to figure out stuff on their own. This can be used in combination with the
stripped down version.
3. A heavily annotated version (like you mentioned).

The above model will cater to all types of audience.

Let me know if you need any help

Karan Singh
Senior Technical Consultant
Learnquest

-----Original Message-----
From: Michelle Caisse [mailto:Michelle.Caisse@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tue 9/13/2005 3:23 PM
To: jdo-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: test template

Hi Karan,

Thanks for your comments.  I wonder if it makes sense to have two
different items - a really stripped down template for fast editing AND a
heavily annotated working example?

-- Michelle

Karan Malhi wrote:

>Hi Michelle,
>
>This is nice!!. I feel that the template changes should be made by submitting changes/suggestions
to you. Everybody should not be allowed to change the template. I would like to see a Test
Case example/sample code in the .java file.