db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew T. Adams" <matthew.ad...@xcalia.com>
Subject RE: Run single TCK test?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:49:47 GMT
>> How do I run a single test method or test class?  I'd like
>to be able
>> to do it via the command line as well as in NetBeans so that I can
>> debug it.  Do I have to create my own configuration file in
>test/conf
>> (.list & .conf) for each test I want to run alone?
>
>You need your own .conf file and you invoke it with
>-Djdo.tck.cfglist=<your conf> on the maven command line.  Take
>a look at
>step 12. on http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/TechnologyCompatibilityKit#HowTo

As I figured.  I've already got my detach.list & detach.conf files going.

>>   Also, which target is the most appropriate to build tck20 plus its
>> dependencies without executing the near-20-minute
>installSchema target?
>
>Michael B. has just added some nice multiproject goals in jdo/trunk.
> From there you can do maven tck20.build.  Unfortunately, this
>does get
>you the lengthy installSchema goal as well.  So we really don't have a
>single target that meets your requirements.  However, you're
>gonna need
>a schema installed for most anything you do, aren't you?  So
>you just do
>it once.  Otherwise, you can take a look at either trunk/README.txt or
>trunk/project.properties to find out the order of dependencies and
>invoke maven in each of the subdirectories.  You need to build api20,
>core20, enhancer20, then tck20.

Yes, I only want to run installSchema once, unless I'm going to lunch or
something while it runs.  I'd like to be able to build tck20, though,
without running the installSchema target.  I'll look at adding that goal --
is it one of the standard maven goals like multiproject:install-snapshot or
something like that?

>In case you haven't heard, you can do maven help in tck20 to get some
>help text for goals and options.

I saw that.  Those are convenient goals.