db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Karan Malhi <karan.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch for project.xml
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:43:12 GMT
Hi Andy,

You are right. I am sorry Craig, i guess i should have read the maven
documentation before submitting the patch. The reason i added the repository
to the project.properties of tck20 is because i looked into the
project.xmlof the other projects and found that only tck20 depended on
jpox.

So, i guess i overrided the remote repository settings for the tck20 project
by submitting the patch. It would have been nice if i would have been able
to append to the existing remote repository settings. I did read the maven
documentation this time, and there i found out that in the next release of
maven we can append a remote repository to the existing one like this:

maven.repo.remote=${maven.repo.remote}, http://www.jpox.org/downloads/maven

Maybe we should consider upgrading to the next stable release of maven
(whenever it is released), just to keep our lives simpler.

I will be submitting a patch to fix the current problem.

However, i looked into the ibiblio maven repository and found that the
repository contained entries for antlr. I could not find antlr version 2.7.3,
but i did find the version 2.7.1 , 2.7.2, 2.7.4, 2.7.5.
My questions are as follows --

1. Does this project depend on 2.7.3 or can we move to 2.7.4 or 2.7.2. If
yes, then this will allow us to set maven to automatically download antlr.

2. Andy, if we can upload something to ibiblio repository using the
following (as you mentioned in a mail earlier)
maven create-upload-bundle

then why do we need a seperate repository for jpox to be hosted at
www.jpox.org <http://www.jpox.org>. Can the jpox group upload the jars at
the ibiblio repository?
3. What is the best practice while specifying the remote repository
location? Do we just keep appending to ~/build.properties or do we keep
appending new locations to the individual projects' project.properties?

--
Karan Malhi