db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: maven build failed
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:08:09 GMT
Hi Karan,

This probably needs more explanation:

To build the SNAPSHOT jars so they can be used by other sub-projects,
you need to go into the e.g. api20 directory and maven install-snapshot.

The maven default build from the trunk should build everything (each
sub-project's install-snapshot) in the proper order.

Craig

On Aug 4, 2005, at 10:37 PM, Karan Malhi wrote:

> I checked the /repository/apache-jdo/jars folder and could not find
> jdo1-api-SNAPSHOT.jar and
> jdo1-ri-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>
> Should i actually download them too and place them in the above
> folder?
>
> On 8/5/05, Karan Malhi <karan.malhi@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Running 'maven build' in tck11 also failed. Below is the output:
>>
>> karan@j2ee:~/Projects/jdo/trunk/tck11$ maven build
>> __ __
>> | \/ |__ _Apache__ ___
>> | |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \ ~ intelligent projects ~
>> |_| |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_| v. 1.0.2
>>
>> Attempting to download jdo1-api-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>> WARNING: Failed to download jdo1-api-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>> Attempting to download jdo-btree-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>> Artifact /apache-jdo/jars/jdo-btree-SNAPSHOT.jar doesn't exists in
>> remote
>> repository, but it exists locally
>> Attempting to download jdo1-ri-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>> WARNING: Failed to download jdo1-ri-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>> Attempting to download spring-core-1.1.3.jar.
>> 257K downloaded
>> The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
>> dependencies:
>>
>> jdo1-api-SNAPSHOT.jar
>> jdo1-ri-SNAPSHOT.jar
>>
>> Total time: 9 seconds
>> Finished at: Fri Aug 05 01:32:33 EDT 2005
>>

> --
> Karan Malhi
>
> "Playfully doing something difficult, whether useful or not, that is
> hacking." -- Richard Stallman

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!