db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: FieldsOfSimpleClass, FieldsOfSimpleInterface
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:25:54 GMT
Hi Andy,

We decided to change the FieldsOfSimpleInterface to avoid embedded
fields. The only thing we will test is serializing and by-reference.

I thought that the test was already updated to remove embedded field
requirement. If there still are embedded persistent interfaces, then
please file a JIRA.

Thanks,

Craig

On Aug 8, 2005, at 1:37 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> FieldsOfSimpleClass now passes. JPOX latest now supports serialised
> PC fields
> and serialised Interface fields.
>
> The only thing stopping FieldsOfSimpleInterface passing is probably
> that JPOX
> doesn't support embedded interface fields. I don't consider this a
> mandatory
> part of JDO2. Embedded interface fields are basically the same as
> embedded PC
> fields where the embedded PC field can have inheritance. That is, with
> embedded interface fields you can have different objects being
> embedded
> (different interface implementations) and hence different columns
> can be
> needed in the table. The same is true with embedded PC fields where
> the PC
> object has inheritance, and so different columns needed dependent
> on the
> object being embedded. Since the current JDO2 spec doesn't support
> having
> discriminators as part of the <embedded> block then the JDO impl
> has no way
> of distinguishing the type of the object that has been embedded.
>

> --
> Andy

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com