db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Problem with self-referencing relationship
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:36:42 GMT
Hi Andy,

On Aug 8, 2005, at 11:30 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

>> Any update on this?
>>

> Not from me. Not had time to look at it. Don't know if Erik has.
>
> Out of interest, how do I run this "CompletenessTest" on its own ?
> (since it's
> not in alltests.conf). I've tried running
> "companyNoRelationships.conf",
> which is fine for 1 run, but if I run it again it tries to insert
> the same
> data again and causes duplicate key issues. Tests should be cleaning
> themselves out so they leave the datastore in the same state as it
> was at
> startup (IMHO).

I looked into this and found that the CompletenessTest does clean up
after itself.

There is a method in tearDown that attempts to iterate the list of
persistent classes and do a delete on each persistent instance.

But if the delete fails due to an implementation problem, there is
nothing that the test can do.

The failure message (exception during tearDown) might be hidden by
the failure during setUp or runTest, but we do try.

You may have to run a database cleanup script until the tearDown can
complete.

Craig

> --
> Andy